What will You Need to Get Started?
In order to prepare the consumer bankruptcy papers, the client should bring the following documents:
A list of all creditors, including addresses, account / loan numbers, and the amounts and description of each debt, obtaining a copy of your credit report is helpful.
- For each secured debt, such as a car loan or home mortgage, copy of the latest statement showing the balance due on the debt.
- A copy of the DMV registration or recorded trust deed and proof of insurance for each secured debt; Income tax returns for the last two years, including W-2, 1099, and K-1 information.
- Copies of the last six paystubs and copies of bank statements for the last 90 days showing the amount and frequency of the client´s income.
- A detailed list of the debtor´s monthly living expenses, i.e., food, clothing, housing, utilities, taxes, transportation, medicine, etc.
- If self-employed, copies of monthly profit-and-loss statements for the past six months.
- Copies of any lawsuits or judgments, regardless of whether the client is a plaintiff or defendant.
- Copies of any family trusts or prenuptial agreements.
Bankruptcy is a complex and confusing area of the law. You need legal advice you can count on to guide you through the process. We are experienced in helping you through your financial difficulties. If you have any questions, please call us at (858) 277-0232 or e-mail us to set up a free consultation.
We are a debt relief agency.